Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ice Skating-- Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

Today is special. Today means that nobody in this household has gotten sick in 12 hours. I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't actually contract the extremely contagious flu epidemic that went through the entire population of guests up at the farm at Christmas. Of which you probly all know, and probly all have experienced... So, now, I'm pretty happy that I don't have that comin' at me, except that every night I can barely sleep because I'm so scared I'm gonna wake up barfing...uhh, more than you probly wanted to know. Make a long story short, I'm proud of my super-dee-duperly-awesome immune system.

Next topic, umm... OOOhhhh! Today, we went skating! Ice skating! It was soooo cool! I love ice skating, and it's super cool when you actually have skates that fit you! (Not like I didn't have fun on the pond at the farm on skates that didn't actually fit me. I still had a blast.)

Okay, so I fell asleep after that there sentence last night:) I was mighty tired. Continuing on.... So, the ice skating now happens to be yesterday's activity. It was great, except for the part where I first got in trouble for bringing my camera on the ice and taking pictures of everyone who came with us(Dale, Amy, Emily, Logan, Sarah, Bryce and Weston Widhalm). After that, I got in trouble for being completely starving since I missed lunch, since I ate breakfast at 11:30, and I brought crackers on the ice. Yeah. He said it's not generally allowed. But there was no sign, so... ? Then I also got in trouble for helping Weston Widhalm. He's a little kid in our field and I don't think he'd ever skated on ice in his life. Anyway, we were all helping him and switching off helping him and by the time I got to him he was doing pretty good, but I decided he was going a little slow for my liking after 3 rounds of the rink took us at least 20 minutes. So I got him a chair. They use them at rinks for beginners, the beginner skater pushes the chair in front of them and the chair kinda stabilizes them and helps them learn the concept of gliding on the ice. Well, we did another 3 rounds of that, and it helped him quite a bit. He went a bit faster, but he got tired, and I didn't like going slow, so I decided to push him in the chair. Needless to say, that was the third thing I got in trouble for. It wasn't all bad trouble, just that the security or ice person came over and told me I couldn't do it. Anyway, we had a great time ice skating. It lasted about 4 hours and I could've kept going! Our old ice rink shut down several years ago, and I haven't gotten the chance to ice skating since then on an indoor rink. Oh, by the way, 2 times during the open skating hours, the zambonie came out on the ice. That's the monster that drives all over the ice putting warm water on the ice and smoothing out the cracks in the ice that mess you up. This inspired me when I saw the dude riding atop that majestic tower of steel, just gliding..... I'm gonna be a zambonie driver when I grow up. Just wanted to set you guys up for it. I wanted to be a crazy cat woman, but I guess I can do that later in life:)

Well, I've really gotta start downloading stuff off the internet, task sheets for my computer literature stuff I hafta get done over break. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have an awesome New Years'! Toodles!

2 comments:

Kara said...

lol it sounds like you just attract trouble!

you should work on that . =)

Stephanie V said...

u need to post again!