Monday, May 23, 2011

My New Life As An Employed, yet Not School-Enrolled, Teenager

AAAaaaaaahhhhhhh. I believe such a change in my life warrants a new post on my blog I never write on. :D I also had no homework and this was such a brilliant realization that I was like, what can I do? I got on blogspot because I had heard that Kirstyn had a picture of her new car that she loves on her blog and all the information I could get from any of her siblings was that it was a car and it was silver. And she likes it. And that its name is Lacey. So I checked it out and it looks like a car Kirstyn would really like, and then I went to my blog page and the super-sweet background I uploaded ages ago was gone, so I went to that website, y'know the one, cutest blog on the block or something to that effect and wasted some time looking at really cute blog backgrounds! So I chose a pretty sweet one and decided to write something on here and see if anyone ever looks at this!


Anyway, I just wanted to show how much I REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoy the thought of not having homework for the next year or so :D I was musing over a few of my older posts from one and two years ago, and it's interesting to see what my thoughts were even just two years ago and the things I was excited about, and scared about...I thought I should update this at such an important time in my life so that I will be able to come back in the future and read about it. So here it is. From me to myself:

I just finished finals today, English, US Government, and Honors Human Bio (a.k.a. Anat. and Phys.) so I am relieved to have them done. English was easy, just a multiple-choice test on Angela's Ashes which I read the majority of and sparknoted the rest, Government was alright; I didn't study enough but still managed to get an 85% .... I'm concerned to check on my A&P test grade because I gave up on studying on Sunday night since I didn't recall anything I had read of the chapter notes I had spend 20 minutes studying, and that lack of study time was shown in how little I knew on the test! I looked at my grade in that class and I am at an 81% which is going to be bad when she puts the final test grade in.....Mrs. Swaby, my choir teacher that I really am going to miss, is retiring this year, and my good friend Leslie and I were talking about how we were glad she had stayed until *our* last year, but last year was really a year she could have gone out with a "bang" so to speak. Because this year choir has really kind of stunk. We have way too many underclassmen boys that are really immature, so that has been the cross I have had to bear all year lol I am going to take my awesome graduation electric piano out to the suburban because I will take it to school with me tomorrow so I can set it up after school and have the tech guys do sound check with it in preparation for the Senior Celebration on Wednesday ("the last hour of the last day of high school"). I will be singing Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" in an outfit I just created from, no, not new clothes, but ones I have had in my closet for a while! And it's a very cute outfit. Anyway, my plans for the summer are to get my CNA licence so as to get a well-paying job so I can get ahead in this world and maybe get a nice car before the end of the summer. I will continue to work at Dairy Queen which is the most fun job I have ever had. So my schedule for the summer after I get a job at a nursing home, is working hopefully, 6am to 2pm as CNA, and then 5pm to 11pm at DQ every day, except Wednesday evening and Sunday, of course. I think I am going to take a year off before college, kind of think about what I will really want to do, and work so I have some money to live off of. I am trying to decide whether to stay in Great Falls and work this summer, or go to Fargo where Amy assured me her and Dale would love to have me stay all summer and work at any of the three hotels down the street where she could definitely get me some work. And then I will plan on going to Idaho for next year. I am super-excited, but kind of confused about where God really wants me! As I think of other things to say, my eyes glance at a magazine from Musician's Friend that I was looking at, some acoustic-electric guitars that I would love to get and take up as another versatile instrument similar to piano in that you can accompany yourself singing easily, but is much more portable! So anyway, those are some things that are going on in my life right now...grad party on Sunday afternoon/evening, and graduation/all-night party on Monday! Exciting, exciting! Signing off, for now :)

1 comments:

Shirley said...

Yes, I read your blog faithfully. In fact, I have re-read the previous posts so faithfully, I could recite them verbatim if I so chose. Which I don't. So thank you for posting a new . . . well, *post*, I guess . . . because the old ones were getting rather worn. See you Sunday! :-)