Monday, November 17, 2008

Killing Time When There's No Time to Get Rid Of

Well, right now, it's about quarter to 10 pm and I still have 10 long proofs to do for geometry, and 2 different chapter sections to read for my biology quiz tomorrow. But, since I need something to inspire me to start my homework, I'm listening to Life Is A Highway by Chris Ledoux(the Rascal Flatts version is not acceptable) and having a fine time in my happy place.

So, to start out, the thing I've been looking forward since I ordered it Friday, is my camera battery's new charger! I haven't been able to use my beloved camera since about convention time when I lost my highly expensive and almost irreplaceable charger, and I'm super hyped about having it for the holidays! Another thing happening around here is an interior makeover of our house: to hear a rundown of it, read on.
1) we recently got some new couches
2) new carpet is being put in later this week
3) we're gonna paint the main living area of the house before the new carpet is put in, so it doesn't really matter if we get paint drips on the carpet. smart, huh?
and
4) Dad will hopefully get to finishing up the new flooring in the dining room and kitchen someday.

We're all looking forward to sort of having a new house. It'll be fun to come home from G&G Holder's house at turkey day, to a totally different house.

On Saturday, Kirstyn took me shopping...it would have been a bit more enjoyable with more than 20 dollars in my pocket, but as it was, my self-control was tried tremendously and I successfully walked out the doors with one pair of (beautiful) shoes and only 7 dollars in debt(to Kirstyn). However, as my feet are kinda freaks of nature, and my left is just a bit bigger than the right one which I always try on shoes with, I walked out oblivious to my future(wearing my beautiful shoes today and having the plastic lining on the top of my shoes cutting into my left ankle). Ahh, life is good, tho.

I realize this blog is maybe leaving something to be desired, but my mother just walked in and told me this was not necessary when I have homework to be done. Well, I hope I've gotten inspiration from the few words I've written here(it's improbable). In any case, I guess I gotta go get that doggone homework done. :( Til next post!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Well, dear niece, you definitely have some of my blood in you! Procrastination is a way of life. (Not a great one, for sure.)

We also share the one-foot-bigger-than-the-other-one gene (as does most of the population, actually). The trick is to try the shoe on the bigger foot so it fits, and then keep a supply of those rubber heel inserts to stick in the other shoe so it'll fit, too.

Sierra said...

Ummm...Amber, is your camera an olympus? Cause Kara has a camera charger that she thinks is yours lol
Sierra